Saturday, September 3, 2011

Firsts

My life thus far in Moldova has been full of several "firsts." I would like to mention two very important ones that took place recently.



Friday, September 2- I co-taught my first health class for my 7th grade class! It was mostly an introduction class, and it went really well. After I introduced myself (where I'm from, what I'm doing, etc.) the students all clapped for me. What a wonderful experience! I am excited to meet the rest of my classes this week and begin working at the medical center.


Saturday, September 3- I participated in the preparation of the chicken.
How to "prepare" a chicken:
1) Cut the chicken's head off.
2) Put the chicken into a boiling pot of water.
3) Remove it from the pot and remove the feathers.
4) Hold chicken over flame to remove excess feathers.
5) Clean it with warm water.
6) Begin the "operation" as my host mom called it. Cut the chicken, and place the parts in the pot for cooking. (This absolutely includes head, liver, and stomach).
7) I almost forgot this step... Wash your hands!


And yes, this tasted much better than it looks :)



No comments:

Post a Comment